DOE’s Office of Academic Policy & Systems relies on 3 integrated applications within the STARS (Student Transcript & Academic Reporting) Program, including STARS Classroom, STARS Admin and STARS Client. These applications allow school (high, middle, some elementary) principals, educators and administrators (schools, central) to perform the following critical functions that directly impact student achievement and experience.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language, for medium to enterprise level systems.
- Document current and future process flows, as well as business architecture documents using industry standards and various modeling techniques.
- Create and implement Requirements Management Plan including identification of stakeholders, decomposition of the project scope into manageable units, identification of requirement attributes for traceability, requirements prioritization & reporting.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, customer documents, workshops, surveys, site visits, and business process descriptions, analysis of business rules, scenarios, tasks and workflow analysis, and any other business analysis techniques for both new and existing processes and procedures.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Serve as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Proactively plan and facilitate the successful implementation of the product, service, or end result of the program or project
- Work with project management staff members to raise and resolve issues, set project deadlines, and mitigate project risks.
- Works independently with users and various stakeholders to define concepts, processes, and requirements and under direction of project managers.
- Create functional wireframes and prototype using Axure RP Pro that demonstrate functionality, features, content, and user flow of an application.
- Track, trace and manage accurate requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Performs data analytics to optimize statistical efficiency and quality of data
- Bachelor’s Degree
7 years of experience:
- Experience in analytical and product management skills, including customer business needs and translating them into business, functional, application and operational requirements
- Experience in Business Requirements elicitation and definition.
- Experience in Business modeling techniques and standards such as UML
- Experience in Use Case/User Story development.
- Experience in meeting planning, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience working with project stakeholders to define and develop business processes and procedures
- Experience utilizing either Waterfall or Iterative/Incremental methodologies for Business Requirements management.
- IIBA CBAP or CAPM Certification (or working towards) preferred.