Designation: System Admin/Developer
Department: Product Development
Location: Columbus OH
Project Duration: 3-12 months
Job Position: Admin/Development Intern leading to a full time position within the company
Hours: Approx. 20-40 Hrs per week (Between Business Hours 8:00AM to 5:00PM)
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or related area
Call: (614) 888-0700 ext.209
Posted on: 13 April 2013
- Programming in Microsoft technologies .NET platform
- Performing in a system administrator capacity with Microsoft Server 2000/2003 / 2008R2 in a mixed production and test multi-tier multi-server internet facing network environment (e.g. engineering, installation, administration, support, configuration, problem determination for software such as operating systems)
- Providing supporting – Active Directory 2000 / 2003 / 2008 (e.g. configuring, upgrading, problem determination, proactive maintenance)
- Managing Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) v5, 6, 7, 7.5 4
- Supporting Microsoft Applications (e.g. installing, supporting, maintaining, tuning and configuration).
- System analysis to increase the availability and performance of complex multi-server Production and test environments in support of public facing web based applications (e.g. identifying issues, solutions and strategies)
- Supporting Microsoft Virtual Server in a production multi-tier multi-server internet facing environment (e.g. installing, maintaining, tuning, configuring).
- Support for third party performance monitoring tools on a Windows platform (e.g. installation, administration, configuration for tools such as Systems Center & Operations Manager
- Maintaining Dell Server Clusters (Failover & Load balancing) (e.g. installing, supporting, configuring, problem determination).
- Providing Windows Server Update Services ( e.g. installing, supporting, configuring, problem determination).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to multitask
- Prior System Admin/Development experience including Microsoft Technologies, and Oracle data base is preferred
- Experience as a .NET development and knowledge of Oracle/SQL data base.
- Takes initiatives and is highly motivated