Oracle e-Business Suite (eBS) Database Engineer
Designation: Oracle e-Business Suite (eBS) Database Engineer
Oracle e-Business Suite (eBS) and Database Engineer (Database Engineer I)
The Oracle eBS and Database Engineer accomplishes database and application administration in accordance with Oracle best practices, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Provides technical direction on integration of MROi solution components with DISA and ERP Common Services. As directed and approved by the MROi PM and/or Chief Engineer, the SME personnel may be utilized to support other AFLCMC/PEO BES programs/systems.
- Environment builds, upgrades, patching, cloning and maintenance
- System monitoring, performance tuning, load balancing and capacity planning
- Disaster recovery/high availability activities, backups, restores and flashbacks
- Tracking and monitoring the development, test, training, reporting and production environments, support issue resolution
- Define operational procedures and create system documentation
- Implementation and maintenance of application and database security
- Provides assistance with DISA STIGs and remediates STIG findings
- Interface with Oracle Support for technical issue resolution
- Design and architecture reviews from a performance engineering perspective
- Development and execution of performance tests and benchmarks
- Assist development and support staff with analysis of query execution plans and cost
- Recommend methods to optimize performance
- Provides support to the MROi System Implementer, MROi Integrated Program Office (IPO) and other AFLCMC/PEO BES programs as directed and approved by the MROi PM and/or Chief Engineer, relating to the architecture, design, installation, configuration, integration of products and services, performance and operations of the MROi software solution components
- Assists DISA, PMO architects, System Implementer and PMO developers to instantiate and maintain multiple instances of the Oracle eBS R12 and applicable technology stack components in all DISA environments (development, test, training, reporting and production).
- Has extensive experience with installing, configuring and integrating the commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) Oracle eBS, Oracle RDBMS 12c or later, technical stack and custom-developed objects; and is able to monitor, troubleshoot and optimize the eBS application/database.
- Establishes application and database performance best practices for the program to build into their designs.
- Leads the various teams on how to identify application performance bottlenecks, how to gather and interpret diagnostics, techniques to diagnose the problem and makes recommendations on how best to resolve the performance issue.
- Provides guidance to the PMO on architectural decisions that have impact to the performance and scalability of the solution.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Current Active DoD Secret w/SSBI Clearance
- DoD 8570 certification (typically Security+)
- Must be US Citizen
- Experience working with the US Air Force
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with RedHat Linux and Windows 10
- Experience working with virtual, blended and separate subcontractor teams